Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ZOMG!!!

I admit it. I am drunk blogging. Coming back from an evening of libations with the Democratic Party of Pasadena and my girl City Elf, I am celebrating our new President!!! Over a year ago, I remember having a conversation with a dear friend where I made the case that in this day and age, Americans were STILL NOT ready for an African American prez. How elated and overwhelmingly happy to find myself proven false!! After spending a day poll checking for the Obama campaign, I was thrilled to see how many people motivated to vote, knowing that their voices were important. Latinos, African Americans, Asians - I saw so many minorities going out to the polls, making sure their voices are heard! This is truly a new era for our country - I know that Obama will inherit many difficult issues, but I have faith in his ability to lead our nation on a new, better path. For the first time in 8 years, I truly believe in the American Dream. WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

P.S. For all y'all who voted "yes" for Prop 8 - You suck big time!

1 comment:

City Elf said...

you old drunk blogger! thanks for celebrating with me. what a night! and as yakov smirnoff used to say, what a country!