Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back in the Saddle

A few things happened in my biking life the latter half of last year 1. a stupid wreck resulting in an ugly injury to my knee 2. The Station Fire. The first happened during an otherwise fun trip to Mammoth. Having a great first run down, I got a little too confident and speedy, resulting in a dumb wreck with a really horrific looking knee. The second was the real horror show. I'm only one out of hundreds of bikers who watched their favorite trails go up in smoke in one of the biggest fires in recent LA history. Rest in peace El P. The result of these two events were a winter of very little biking and loss of confidence in my riding.

Well, I am pleased to report that I am back in the saddle. After a bike trip to Tahoe, I rediscovered the fun I have with technical trails, and that it IS worth it to tackle technical obstacles, lest I be stuck in a rut forever. I'm hoping to dedicate at least 3 days week to riding so that by the beginning of August, I'll be ready for my trip to Whistler!

No comments: