Friday, January 2, 2009

Reminder: Why LA is good

Every now and then, I get a little reminder why LA is a city where so many people flock to. These reminders are good, because they help me to appreciate the great things about living here rather than focusing on negative things like: traffic, silicon, traffic, smog, traffic, people in film industry, you know what I mean.



Last year, one of the moments was walking with dog along the coast in Big Sur in November, watching the tides roll in, listening to the gulls. Or thinking about all the great daytrips I've made to Santa Ynez/Santa Barbara wine country. And some of those moments happen in LA. Like earlier this week, snowshoeing in Angeles National Forest in beautiful morning sun. Then returning home to relax in the 70degree sunny afternoon. And then getting on my mountainbike the next day, and being able to bike all through winter. Yeah, people think I'm crazy to live here, but I think it's a good kind of crazy.

1 comment:

City Elf said...

it *is* the good kind of crazy. you're not allowed to ever leave.